Welcome to the Seneca Athletic and Recreation Website.
We are pleased to offer you a wealth of information about how Seneca students and recruits can become involved with our exciting, diverse recreation and fitness activities and varsity teams.
College Life includes valuable experiential learning outside the classroom, so take full advantage of trying a new recreational activity, meeting new friends while you learn to skate or take a dance class; enjoy a fitness break on campus; and feel the STING spirit by trying out or supporting one of Seneca’s sixteen varsity teams.
Seneca’s extraordinarily successful collegiate program has earned both national awards and respect. We have a proven recipe for success and we encourage you to be a part of that experience.
First and foremost, we have built our success upon the following STING Values: Excellence in academics and athletics, Leadership Development and mentorship and Family. This focus fosters winning with integrity and is driven by STUDENT success. Our robust support of successful student –athletes includes:
- Academic support- an ongoing academic success program assists student athletes stay on their academic track to graduation; a varsity study area provides a place and computers for athletes to study
- Academic Success-More than 87% of our student athletes progress from semester to semester. 25% of our student athletes earn academic honours and receive additional financial awards in recognition of their achievements
- Financial- an extensive athletic scholarship program is geared to reward high performance student athletes
- Holistic-One on one varsity support from Athletic Staff assists student athletes in navigating their Seneca journey
- Health-Leading edge certified athletic therapy services with ground breaking Return to Play/Return to Learn concussion protocol
- Fitness-access to training at all campuses
- Coaching-our coaches have proven success in individual and team development and game management
- Competition-Seneca is a leader in providing premier competitive experiences through the hosting of provincial and national level championships
- Leadership-Varsity Councils represent teams to ensure decisions made benefit the program and support the athlete; a Leadership Development Series teaches skills to enhance team success
- “Giving” demonstrates good citizenship. The Sting are involved in supporting the community through various efforts including the Food Drive, supporting the Terry Fox Run and many others.
In the classroom, in your sport and in your career you will need to draw upon all of your experiences to be successful. Join us at Seneca to develop a well-rounded experience that will lay a great foundation for your continued future success .
Director, Sport and Recreation