Box Jump (8)
Start Position: Stand away from the step with legs hip width apart.
- Take a semi squat position keeping the back straight, chest out and arms back.
- Jump up explosively, but in a controlled way, fully extending the hips and knees and bringing the arms forward.
- Land on top the box in a squat position with the arms in front the body; heels fully on the box.
- Stand up on the box causing a complete opening/extension of the knees and hips.
- Step off the box (jump down not permitted).
- Males box height 24 inches and females box height 20 inches.
Finish Position: Squat or standing position behind the box.
- Look straight ahead, not at your feet or the landing spot on the box (keep that in your peripheral vision).
- Drive up with the arms.
- When stepping down, alternate step-down leg in order to balance the training effect between legs.
- Heels hanging off the box.
- Failure to extend hips and knees at top of box.